compliance_review

bitcoinestonia

21 Mar, 2018 10:21 PM

So today after of hundereds of sales with gocoin i came to check my orders statuses.. and turns out one of the orders has gone into: compliance_review

What does that mean exactly? I run 9 different online stores.. and that exact store has accepted orders several times before without issues.. im not a new member here and i have probably put through tens of thousands of dollars with few month months, im verified vendor without a single issue.. can you please clear up this for me, there is no issue.. i just want to get some clarification why those funds are in hold.

Thanks in advance.

Order ID: #2493509533755

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by julien on 22 Mar, 2018 02:46 AM

Hello,

I reviewed the invoice and it looks like the customers name and address were flagged by our automatic OFAC monitoring. Anything over a 60% match will trigger this compliance review. This is done to prevent the potential sale or money transfers to individuals or businesses that may be under sanctions.

The name of this customer seems fairly common so there is no guarantee that there is an exact match here. We have this reporting and flag so that yourselves and us can make an informed decision on invoices.

http://sanctionssearch.ofac.treas.gov/Details.aspx?id=3520

2. 2 Posted by bitcoinestonia on 22 Mar, 2018 07:46 AM

This doesnt make any sense..under sactions? sanctions from what? From
    tshirts and other simple army style clothes that everyone can buy from
    walmart?
    And the name you sent me has different name than the one who bought from
    me, please resolve this issue.. this is not normal and dont come to me to
    talk about some sanctions.. there are few billion people in this world.. do
    you ban everyone who's name sound 60% the same?
    Like i said, i have put through gocoin tens of thousands of dollars in 2
    months, if you do not resolve this isse i can take my business elsewhere..
    this is absolute nonsense.
    Jesus christ.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by julien on 23 Mar, 2018 12:24 AM

Hi,

The name and address of the customer matched an individual found on a sanctions list by 60%. This search and match is done by utilizing the sanctions lists that are publicly available. This triggers the flag which is there to protect your business from illicit activity. There still can be coincidental mismatches which may be the case here.

This is not a regular occurance on our platform. Being that this is the first time it happened out of your many transactions is proof of that.

Obviously the last thing we want to do is impede your business in any way. As I said these flags are very rare so this is why you haven’t experience them before

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with GoCoin Helpdesk please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac