Test/Sandbox Mode

David

29 Aug, 2018 06:31 AM

Hello,

I am building a bitcoin/crypto ecommerce system and have added support for your gateway. What is the best way for me to test the system to make sure the callback is working ok from the API?

I have a testnet wallet, is it possible to use that?

Thank you,
David.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by GoCoin DevTeam on 29 Aug, 2018 05:06 PM

Hi David

We currently do not have a sandbox environment, so the best way to test is with a live merchant account. Webhooks can be simulated from the GoCoin Dashboard. Go to a specific invoice, then select "Show Advanced Options". Here you can simulate the webhooks without actually making payments on the invoice.

We do not use testnet. If you would like, you can test with real crypto and we can set the service fee to 0% while testing. Just ensure that you have valid crypto payout addresses and the payout split set to 100% crypto. Crypto payouts are performed on business days if your balance is above a minimum threshold.

2. 2 Posted by David Bennett on 30 Aug, 2018 02:42 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I don`t have any live cryptocurrency, but if I can test with a credit card and then refund the amount back that might be ok?

I just need to test that the callback is working as expected.

David.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by julien on 03 Sep, 2018 05:56 PM

Hi David,

Unfortunately we can not setup credit card payments for testing purposes. You may want to look into getting a small amount of crypto from an exchange like Coinbase.

4. 4 Posted by David Bennett on 04 Sep, 2018 06:49 AM

Ok, thanks Julien.

5. julien closed this discussion on 06 Sep, 2018 06:29 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with GoCoin Helpdesk please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac